Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My London Review!

Hi everyone!
Thanks for taking the time to glance at my blog! Mike and I have safely arrived in Rishikesh after many days of traveling (London-Turkey-Delhi- now here!). We finally got a good night of sleep on the banks of the Ganges.

Internet is spotty here as expected but I am committed to getting out blog posts to keep family and friends updated!

We started off last week in the UK, where we stayed with my brother and his boyfriend in East London, close to the awesome Broadway Market. We walked many kilometers exploring the city. We saw great sites such as the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, The Big Ben, The Greenwich Observatory (Where the prime meridian was set). London is a lovely place. I have to say it surpassed my expectations and what I did not realize was that London Proper is actually only about 1 square mile! The extension of London is huge! It would take you about 5 hours to walk from one end to the other, maybe more!
Walking through London Fields on my way to STRETCH! London.


I have three things that I look for in a city when gauging it as a potential place to spend some time: 1) Greenspace- London has plenty of this, in fact I think it has the most that I have ever seen! A favorite is Victoria Park and Regents Park.  2) Yoga- London has great yoga! I frequented STRETCH Broadway during my stay. I enjoyed the walk through London fields to get there and loved Adam's class. If you are in town, check it out! They have a great deal 25 pound for 10 days unlimited. 3) Culture- this is quite vague but, what are people wearing, listening to, where are they eating and chilling out? I loved all of the boutiques, eateries and cafes.  OVERALL, I could definitely call London home (my favorite areas where Greenwich, Victoria Park and Broadway area) and I feel extremely lucky to have family there so I can visit! Thanks Dave & Sonny!
A little stop, drop and arm-balance in front of St. Paul's Cathedral.


Where to grab a pint: The World's End
Where to eat: Indian- Brick Alley, can't lose. Gozleme on Broadway. Nando's chicken is also quite good!
Where to grab a coffee: Shoreditch Coffee or L'eau à La Bouche Delicatessen Broadway Market London
Day trip: Hampstead Court or Stonehenge (if you are seeking spirituality and energy go to Stonehenge. If you want a fright, go to Hampstead Court where Anne Boleyn's ghost is said to haunt.)
Best attraction: Tower Bridge and Tower of London
Culture: Tate Modern +++ it's free!
Shopping: Broadway Market on Saturday's. I scored a Barbour coat for 10 pound.


What are your favorite spots in London?


No comments:

Post a Comment